If you have any queries or questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, the practices of this web site, or your dealings with Brother, please contact us. If you wish to unsubscribe from our marketing list please let us know by sending us an email using the contact details below. We take your privacy very seriously. We will only use the personal information which we collect about you if you have opted into this. We will ensure that all such information is processed fairly and lawfully, in accordance with current Irish legislation and we aim to meet current internet best practice, including but not limited to the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003. The following statement sets out our policy regarding the personal information which we collect through the brother.is website (the "Website").Please also see our Website Terms and Conditions.
1. Brother is the sole owner of the information that is collected on this web site. We will not sell, share or transfer this information other than as set out in our data privacy. Your personal data is collected to enable us to provide personal services and to improve our marketing and administration functions. If necessary, we pass your information to third parties retained by us to help us in certain areas such as web site hosting or marketing, in which case such third parties may receive your personal data. However, at all times Brother will control and remain responsible for the use of your personal data. We collect information about you when you register with and/or use the Website. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and products which you have purchased, together with some other information about your personal interests or lifestyle.
2. Information is also collected when you complete and submit on-line forms (such as product warranty registration forms and product surveys) and whenever you email us your details.
3. We will not collect sensitive personal information about you without your explicit consent.
4. We use 'cookies' to collect additional information about your visit to the Website.
1. We use the information collected to provide and personalise our services both on-line and off-line. This may include using your information for the purposes of administering product warranty services. It may also include dealing with your enquiries, conducting quality assurance and/or training our staff.
2. In particular, our Persistent Cookies help us to recognise you when you return to the Website and allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly. We may use third parties to assist in this monitoring and analysis.
3. Where you have opted-in, we may use the information for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, this may include providing you with promotional offers and/or information about products and services. At the time that we collect your personal information, we will usually provide you with a specific opportunity to indicate whether you want to receive marketing/promotional offers.
4. We also use the information in our strategic analysis and our assessment of market trends, and our production and re-ordering levels. In particular, we use our Persistent Cookies to help us compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that enable us to understand how users use the Website and to help us improve the structure of the Website. We cannot identify you personally this way.
1. We take appropriate security measures in relation to the sensitivity of the information which we hold on you.
2. We will not hold your information on our systems for any longer than is necessary for us to meet the purpose of holding that information.
3. Where you have made us aware that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or not up to date, we will update that information.
4. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, upon payment of a fee. Please address any requests to the Brother Administration Team at the contact address set out below.
5. If you have any questions about privacy, please contact:Web Administration Team
Brother Nordic A/SBaldershøj 22